Do I Need a Prescription For CPAP Supplies?
Most CPAP supplies and CPAP parts are available without a prescription when you’re purchasing them out of pocket. Even many of your favorite CPAP masks are available prescription-free thanks to our convenient mask assembly kits!
No Prescription Required:
- CPAP mask parts (mask cushion, frame, and elbow)
- CPAP mask headgear
- CPAP mask assembly kits
- CPAP hoses/CPAP tubing
- CPAP battery
- Humidifier parts and water chamber
Since they’re classified as medical equipment, you’ll always need a prescription for CPAP machines, BiPAP machines, or Auto CPAP machines, as well as CPAP humidifiers and pre-assembled CPAP masks.
If you need help obtaining or updating your prescription, we’ll take care of it for you! Let your personal Sleep Specialist reach out to your doctor directly!
How Often Should I Replace My CPAP Supplies
With normal use your CPAP equipment will start to wear out over time. Headgear stretches, cushions develop micro-cracks, and filters become clogged. This can prevent you from getting the air pressure you need.
To keep your CPAP therapy effective, manufacturers recommend that you follow the Medicare replacement schedule.
- Nasal Pillows and Nasal Mask Cushions - Every 2 weeks
- Disposable Filters - Every 2 weeks
- Full Face Mask Cushions - Every month
- CPAP Mask - Every 3 months
- CPAP Hoses/CPAP Tubing - Every 3 months
- Headgear - Every 6 months
- Humidifier Water Chambers - Every 6 months
- Reusable Filters - Every 6 months
- Chin Straps - Every 6 months
- CPAP Machines - Every 5 years or as-needed